Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A way to become more "Apple" than ever.....

Today I'm working on a bug very hard to resolve. It's about an X.25 custom implementation
of flow control mechanism, and it seems that slide window is sliding.... forever -:).
Nobody could help me? I have no ideas, in each direction I put my eyes on flow control
side (client or server)!
Now, I'm thinking about my evolution as Apple user and fan.
After Apple started to sell Apple Macintosh, I decided that I wanted one.
I kept my eyes on an Apple Macintosh Classic, a superb 9" monitor all-in-one personal computer,
with a 20MB SCSI Hard Disk and with a 68000 CPU.
Well, what a great typewriter!! OS was fantastic MacOS 9, with a advanced GUI (It was as working
on a virtual desktop, with trash, hard disk icon....), but with a strange problem.
Floppy disk didn't have maual eject, only automatic eject was provided: when you inserted our
3" 1/2 floppy disk, magically a same icon appeared on the desktop. When you finished working
on your stuff, simple drag floppy disk icon on trash, and disk was ejected.
How many paper clips I have used since then in order to manually eject floppy disk!
Do you know if Apple had some paper clips manufacturing firm shares ?!
Things could be more clear in today market.

Warm regards
Robyava

No comments:

Post a Comment